Recipes and Stories for a Full, Filled Life

John 10:10 - Jesus said, "I came that they (you and me) may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance - to the full, til it overflows.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Baked Carrots Oregano


I've been putting photos of the foods featured in my cookbook on this blog. Printing costs are high, so I've opted to do this instead of photos in the cookbook. This recipe is found on page 73. I like to make the carrots, along with meatloaf and baked potatoes. Since they all bake at about the same temperature for about the same time, it's a great meal for a busy day!

1 pound carrots peeled and quartered lengthwise
2 T. water
sprinkle of oregano
salt to taste
3 T. butter

Preheat oven to 350˚.
Layer carrots in an 8 x 8 pan. Sprinkle with water, oregano and salt. Dot with butter. Cover and bake for 1 – 1 ½ hours until carrots are tender.

No comments: