Recipes and Stories for a Full, Filled Life

John 10:10 - Jesus said, "I came that they (you and me) may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance - to the full, til it overflows.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Book Review: "The Pioneer Woman Cooks"


A friend just gave me a new cookbook, "The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl". A new cookbook is a treasure to me, since I read cookbooks, not novels. In her dedication, Ree Drummond writes: "This cookbook is dedicated to Marlboro Man (her husband), who rescued me years ago from a certain future of black pumps, weekly pedicures, take-out Thai food, and stop-start traffic. Thank you....so I can stay home and act busy." She is very funny, and having tried several recipes already--they are great! Today I made her Tomato Soup. In the directions she states: "I used organic juice because I wanted people to think, She's cool because she uses organic".

Ree also has a fun blog, where she has frequent give-a-ways. Several weeks ago, she gave 2 Kitchen Aid mixers--painted bright yellow/orange with pink flowers and lace. Check it out: www.thepioneerwoman.com

No comments: