Recipes and Stories for a Full, Filled Life

John 10:10 - Jesus said, "I came that they (you and me) may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance - to the full, til it overflows.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Currant Cookies


I love chocolate!--But these cookies do not have chocolate as an ingredient--but I still love them! This recipe is found on page 144 of my cookbook. Find dried currants near the raisins at your grocery store.

1 c. white sugar
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. real butter
1 c. oil
1 egg
2 tsp. vanilla

¼ tsp. salt
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
3½ c. flour

2 c rice krispies
1 c. dried currants
1 c. quick oats

In a mixer, cream together the sugars, butter and oil. Add egg and vanilla. Combine salt, cream of tartar, soda and flour. Add to creamed mixture until incorporated. Stir in rice krispies, currants and oats. Drop by tablespoonfuls 3” apart on lightly greased sheets. Bake 350˚ 8-10 minutes or until set and very lightly browned.

No comments: