Recipes and Stories for a Full, Filled Life

John 10:10 - Jesus said, "I came that they (you and me) may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance - to the full, til it overflows.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Purple Cole Slaw




Cabbage is in season--make this great coleslaw with red or white cabbage.

Red cabbage is really a beautiful purple! Red cabbage has more nutrients than white. Purple-I mean red- cabbage is a great way to add color and crunch to a meal.

1 head shredded red cabbage, remove outer leaves of cabbage, as they may be tough
1 c. real mayo
1/4 c. oil
1/4 c. white vinegar
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt

Combine mayo, oil, vinegar, sugar and salt. Stir into cabbage.

1 comment:

West Bend Citizen Advocate said...

Love, love, love this picture and recipe! Looks so good, I could lick my computer screen!